With the introduction of Instagram Shopping, the once-exclusive photo- and video-sharing app is expanding its focus to include content creators and commercial enterprises.
With Shopping, you can promote your products in places where customers are currently spending time, thereby increasing exposure and purchases. You should go the extra mile to learn how to get Instagram Shopping approved and how to sell on Facebook and Instagram.
How does Instagram Shopping work?
Through organic posts, stories, and live shopping, Instagram Shopping allows you to reach a wider audience and raise product awareness. Users may peruse your company’s profile, learn about products, and buy them either through the app’s in-app store or at one of your physical locations.
Criteria for Participation in Instagram Shopping
There are requirements to meet before you can start selling on Instagram Shopping:
- Your company’s physical location must be inside a supported market.
- The rules of commerce must be followed.
- You need an Instagram account for your company.
- Business profiles on Instagram require a link to the company’s Facebook page.
- You need to be an account administrator for either “Page” or “Business Manager.”
- If you want to sell online, your company needs to own a website.
- Methods for Having Your Instagram Store Accepted
- If you want your products shown on Instagram, you’ll need to follow the setup steps and confirm you meet the requirements for Instagram Shopping.
Take a Look at Instagram’s Rules
If you want your store to be included on Instagram Shopping, you’ll need to comply with the Community Standards and Commerce Policies. The minimum standards for approval are as follows:
- You must offer real goods for purchase.
- Don’t sell anything that’s against the law, whether it’s a weapon, drugs, a pet, a piece of software, etc.
- Your content must be original and not infringe on any third-party rights.
- There is no bias in your Instagram post with regards to race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
- After then, it’s important to monitor what kind of Instagram account you have.
Change your Instagram profile to a business profile
Instagram Shopping requires users to switch from a personal to a commercial account. To that end:
- Access the menu labelled “Setting.”
- Find the option to “Switch Business account” and click it.
- Make a new account for your company.
- After creating a company profile, you can add contact details like a physical address and phone number.
Now that you’re using a business profile, you should connect your Facebook Page to Instagram so that customers may buy from you more easily.
Link Instagram for Business to a Facebook Page
You may start selling on Instagram Shopping with minimal effort by linking your business Instagram account with your Facebook Page’s catalogue. Join the network by:
- Click the “Edit Profile” button on your Instagram profile.
- To link a Facebook Page to your Instagram business profile, head to “Public business information,” then “Page.”
- You can start a new Facebook Page if you don’t already have one.
- Moving forward, you’ll need a catalogue to house all the information about your products that you plan to display on Instagram.
Add a catalogue, but how?
You can link your Instagram business profile to an already-existing catalogue, or you can build a new catalogue. Include a catalogue if you like:
You can do any of these things with Commerce Manager: make a new catalogue or link an existing catalogue from Facebook. You can manually add products to this catalogue. This may take some time and effort on your part.
Connecting your Instagram account with your Facebook page allows you to easily publish products in bulk without having to manually add each one to your Facebook store. The integration with the market place also permits streamlined order management.
You can now submit an application to join Instagram Shopping.
Preparing your profile for inspection
In order to submit your Instagram profile for assessment, you must first link your product catalogue to your account. There are procedures that must be followed in order to submit:
- Select ‘Setting’ from your Instagram profile menu.
- Create a shopping account and enter your information.
- Please send in your financial records.
- A domain verification notification is sent to some companies. In such a circumstance, you can finish the domain verification process by resubmitting it after making the necessary changes.
When applying for Instagram Shopping, how long does the approval process take?
While we review your account for Instagram Shopping. It may take a few weeks for your submission to be reviewed. However, the exact time frame will vary based on your unique circumstances and the size of your company. In any case, you may view your profile and see how far along you are:
- Access the menu labelled “Setting.”
- Select “Business” to verify your approval status.
- If you have any further questions, Facebook’s support team is available to help. You can begin tagging your products in posts and stories as soon as you receive the message that your account has been approved.
Get Instagram to Work for Your Company
In the ever-changing online retail sector, Instagram Shopping is the next big thing. Whether you’re just starting out or have been in the industry for a while, you may reach a bigger audience with your items and spark impulse buys at the precise moment of discovery. Use the new social channel without any difficulty thanks to partners who will assist you with everything from setting up your account to making sales.